Monday, January 9, 2012

Sad Monday

Headed back to work today after a glorious two week break. Although today was a bit of a cheat as I spent the day flying and not really working. What's more, the internet wasn't working when we arrived so I couldn't even check my emails.

While the day was fairly cruisy, I did have to get up at 3.30 in the morning to catch my first flight.

As predicted, there was no exercise today. This makes me sad. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope will be more successful.

In addition to the lack of sleep and exercise, today is sad Monday as it marks the return of "professional hair". I am not ashamed to admit that over the holiday period, and despite the hot weather, I implemented a no brush/no wash system for my gym sweaty hair. I found that sweat worked as a sort of natural hairspray and assisted in keeping my hair out of my face and in a secure ponytail (please note, secure does not necessarily equal tidy). I feel this may be frowned upon in my professional services office.

I'm also sad that I can no longer go to midday classes and that I've had to create a schedule to fit in my running and gymming once I return to normality.

To avoid this post being a total whinge session, I will finish on a positive note and be happy about the Internet coming back on while we were out getting dinner AND be happy because there were six different vegetables being served at dinner, which is awesome! I love lots of vegetables, especially when two of them are brussell sprouts and yellow squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment