Saturday, January 21, 2012

I don't like summer

Controversial, I know.

I don't like being sweaty when I've done nothing to warrant it. Sure, if I work out, sweat is perfect. If I'm doing nothing, sweat is wrong.

But, it's summer, so I really just have to suck it up.

And, on a completely unrelated note: I had lovely Maribyrnong River run this morning - hooray for not being in PNG anymore! I ended up doing a bridge to bridge loop with an end of run hairpin - 6km in total. Without paying any attention to my pace (which was super slow) I managed five very consistent kilometer splits, only 4 seconds difference between them. I'm pretty stoked about that.

I start running group again on Wednesday. The means 10 weeks until my nemesis run "Run for the Kids" is on. I drove the Domain Tunnel and Bolte Bridge section of the run today and reminded myself how long, steep and unshaded it is. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment