Saturday, February 4, 2012

My week in running

I have had a massive week with work – I know you don’t care about the details but to give some context, I had two days where I spent five hours in the car just getting to and from where my clients were and still had to put in an eight hour work day. This has resulted in Not Enough Exercise.

Here’s what I did do:

I made it to my running group on Wednesday night where we did the tan time trial. Not my best time but certainly not bad for a summer run (for me). I’m looking forward to seeing how much I can improve over the next eight weeks or so.

The Tan (source)


I also managed my long run home work today. I knocked out 7kms in 51 minutes or so – this was adopting a run one song, walk one song for most of the time and non-stop running for kilometres three and five. The reason for the walk one/run one method? – my lack of stretching and strengthening has resulted in a cranky knee and twingey calf.


Here’s what I didn’t do:

Monday night homework (naughty girl) as this was one of my big driving days, so that’s down on the “to do” list for next week.

Either of the two RPM classes I wanted to.


Next Week
Thankfully, there’s a forecast of lovely cool weather for the week – hooray!, so I’m thinking this might be a good week for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment