Saturday, November 17, 2012

You win some, you lose some

Today marks the end of the second week of my official 12 week training to the F^3 Half.

I signed up to train with CARA as I was apprehensive about running through my first Chicago winter. With two group long runs on the books, I am happy about this decision (even though it hasn't really got cold yet). It's been a bit of a shift to run with others but when you're living in city where you don't really know anyone, I think it's the way to go. I joined the 11:00 pace group which is working out great.

Other than my long runs, the rest of my training has been a little hit and miss. The plan has us running four times a week - as I've previously reported, hitting these targets has been an issue for me.

I have high hopes of achieving the target this week as there are no "events" planned over the next seven days. I have the best of intentions but this sort of reflects what actually happens when I go out:


I am envious of those who can drink and run. I like beer. I like running. Beer and running do not like each other when I am involved. You win some, you lose some.

In addition to running, I have also entered the world of cycling. My new training group starts their runs about 6 miles from where I live. Given my lack of car, my options for getting there are public transit, cab or bike. Waiting around for the bus after a run is not really what I want to do. As it turns out, I do not have great biking legs. I especially don't have great biking legs after a run. Sore legs beats cold legs any day though.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment