Sunday, October 14, 2012

Approaching normal

Because I am nothing if not consistent, it's been quite some time since I checked in here. I don't know exactly how long as I'm implementing the time honoured approach of denial.

What exactly has prompted this return to my much neglected blog?

I Ran Three Times this week! Three Times!!

I realise this is not Big News for the majority of the world but after the time off for the move, the heat, and the stupid Sore Foot, I am so super excited about it. I'm getting back to normal again.

AND, in other news, I entered the F^3 Lake Half Marathon in January next year. Having a race to train for gave me a major kick in the pants for working out too.

So, what did I do?

Tuesday - estimated 3 miles. My Garmin died after about 1.5 miles. I remember it was dead by the time I turned around to come home so I'm calling it 3 in total.

Friday - 4 miles. It was a little (ok, very) chilly out. I haven't run in those sorts of temps since my Canberra days. I used a headband to cover my ears and threw on a pair of gloves but otherwise I stuck to my t-shirt and knee length capris. This was OK but I am going to go shopping for a long sleeve top later today.

Sunday - 5 miles. I'll be honest - I didn't want to do this run today. I talked myself into it by reminding myself I had decided to try a Salted Caramel Mocha today and that meant I needed to bank some Activity Points. Plus there's the whole race thing in three months. Anyway, to make sure I didn't chicken out, I caught a bus 5 miles north and then ran home. This was a genius move. I'm pretty confident I would have done my planned 5 miles in an out-and-back but why not make it easier to succeed? Now that it's over, I feel good but it was definitely a hard slog. I must remember it's always like this when I start over again.

I'm planning to get in 14 miles next week - two 4 milers and then 6 miles for my long run on the weekend. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment