Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rest time

Three days to go until Melbourne Marathon. My legs are very happy to only be doing 10km because they are TIRED.

Could be that last night's RPM class wore them out a little more than I anticipated. The fact that I had to cling to the railing to walk down the stairs post-class may have been indication that they'd worked pretty hard.

I ran just short of 6km tonight in what was an uncomfortable temperature for me. I think one of the things I'd like to work on is getting my body used to running in higher temperatures. Basically, anything over 10 degrees is unpleasant and over 20 degrees is just too much. Clearly that hampers any decent running between November and April - not ideal.

No running or other exercise is planned for between now and Sunday. Hopefully just lots of sleep so I can at least make an effort toward beating last year's time, and as an added bonus get rid of the end of this cold.

This guy's got the right idea

No comments:

Post a Comment