Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday night intervals

Good run with my running group tonight and my first run in my new orthotics. I've pulled up with emerging blisters from the change in foot position which I hope go away before the weekend's long run. I've also engaged in some precautionary shin splint icing to deal with the almost imperceptible hill on the loop we ran. My right leg just does not like any sort of incline - hopefully these orthotics will take care of that. Tonight's exercise was 500m intervals - about 400m at 70% and 100m at 90% effort. I did the whole thing at somewhere around 70% because trying to run fast is not a good idea for me right now. Plus I walked the hill more often than running it (or even more accurately, shuffling it). Which I guess puts me at 400m at 70% and 100m at walking pace. Well, it's all running.

I'm not sure whether I'm a better or worse position than I was last year before the 10km run. I know I didn't have quite the same leg pain but I'm not sure how many runs I had under my belt before I started. It's certainly getting close now but I think I can fit enough in before hand so that I don't have to curl up and die on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment