Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello Chicago

In truth, I have been in Chicago for nearly three weeks now but today was my first running day. I am clearly the most non-committed runner.

The move to Chicago has been slightly more stressful than I had anticipated but and my lack of running did nothing to improve that situation. But the past is the past, so I'm not going to focus on that. Onwards and upwards only here.

Today's run was nothing to get excited about and in many books would probably not even be classified as a run. Given it's been over a month since my last run, I took the slowly, slowly approach and used a walk/run method. It's also hot and humid (my two least favourite weather descriptions) which is another reason for me to ease back into it. I am now very happily fatigued and raring for the next run to put on the books.

I miss The Tan but can't complain when part of what can be my new course encompasses this...

No comments:

Post a Comment